1. I grew up in a very small (two traffic lights) Alabama town. The most beautiful beaches( some call it the redneck riviera -whatever) in the world - a short 1 hour drive away.
2. Most people who live there, were born there and will die there. It's that kind of town.
3. I graduated with the same people I started kindergarten with.
4. I am one of 4 or 5 that went to college after graduation.
5. I had the same 1st grade teacher that my Mom had.
6. There were no fast food restaurants -okay no restaurants at all.
7. Therefore, my Mom cooked all of our meals. Yes, three meals a day. Homemade biscuits everyday. Oh, yeah!
8. My Granny owned a " beauty shop" , so I was doted on by all the old ladies in town.
9. One such old lady called me "little miss sunbeam".
10. You could never get away with anything because everybody knew your parents.
11. You could ride your bike (with a banana seat, hello) all through town and never worry about getting abducted.
12. Your brothers friends ended up being your boyfriends - who else was there?
13. There was this awesome oak tree that we ran around and played on while at recess or on the way to the lunchroom --- it's still there and it was there when my Mom was in school too. I love that tree!
This was so much fun- I'll have to tell you more in another post.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants